BackCountry Navigator TOPO GPS
Topo maps show terrain through color and contours, and are useful for navigation offroad. Topo maps and GPS can be used for hiking, hunting, kayaking, snowshoeing, & backpacker trails.
You can create your own maps with Mobile Atlas Creator, or specify a custom tile server. Built in sources include:
- OpenStreetMaps from MapQuest
- OpenCycleMaps showing terrain worldwide
- US Topo Maps from Caltopo and the USGS
- USTopo: Aerial Photography with markup.
- Canada Topo Maps from Toporama
- Marine maps: NOAA RNC Nautical Charts (coastal)
- USGS Color Aerial photography
- Topographic Maps of Spain and Italy
- Topo maps of New Zealand
- Japan GSI maps.
- Many of the above sources are generally free to use.
Use offline topo maps and GPS on hiking trails without cell service. The GPS in your Android phone can get its position from GPS satellites, and you don’t have to rely on your data plan to get maps. Have more fun and safe GPS navigation in the backcountry.
Use as a geocaching navigator by getting a pocket query as GPX.
Besides geocaching, use GPS for recording tracks and GPS waypoints on your trip, all the while tracking your GPS quest on topographic maps. It may replace your Garmin handheld GPS.
- Further refinements to location
- New graphing styles.
- Fix to waypoint photo taking on Android 7.0
- Other file handling fixes for Android 7.0
- ETA for GOTO waypoints.
- Addons include Accuterra map source, GMUs of various states. SnowMobile trail maps, ATV, Equestrian, Birding, and Whitewater trail maps, and BLM Land Boundary Maps of 12 western states.
File Name : BackCountry Navigator TOPO GPS Apk [Latest]File Size : 17 MB
Publisher : not-available
OS Support: Android
Src : KM